Back Home

I am sorry it has been so long. I had a rough time with this surgery. I finally came home last night. I think this type of surgery is hard on any woman, but it is even more so after chemo and with diabetes.

I did well during surgery, it was the recovery that kicked my butt. First off my body did not respond to the morphine, and later when they tried it again, caused my airway to close. I was placed on a spinal block for the first 24 hours. I did provide some entertainment though, I was put on some super drug similar to morphine and well, I hallucinated with that one, lol. At one point I was talking to dragons I was told.

I was in ICU for the first 24 hours. But I was not allowed up because my blood pressure dropped way too low. I ended up back in ICU following a bout with my liver, throwing up and a drop in my body temp. Finally, late yesterday, I was OK to go home.

I am really sore, and truth be told last night I was really mad at the whole thing. But I am better today and ready to start facing the world so to speak. While I was being placed back in ICU o Friday, Micah, my youngest, was in the ER after breaking his wrist at school. So Friday the 13th definitely lived up to it's name for our family, lol.

Joshua, my oldest is struggling with it all. He broke down Friday night and cried. He needed to cry. To let it all out. He hates the cancer and what it has done to us. I tried to tell him, that in time, this will all be behind us. It's really hard on the kids. They understand, but just aren't old enough to cope.

Anyway, I am home. We are all dealing and healing. It may be a few days between posts for a while. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Christi na

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you are home and sorry you had such a rough time.  I'm glad the kids are happy to have you back home with them though.

    Hope you have a restful and relaxing Sunday.  You truly deserve it!

    ((hugs))
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are now back home safe and sound!  What a terrible time you have had.  Friday the 13th?  Check the calender next time please?  I hope both your son's have settled now that you are back home safe and sound.  Look after yourself!   Don't worry about posts.   We will all be here when you can manage to tap the keyboard again.  Prayers are being said for you all the time.  Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi, bless you dear for everything youjust went through, so glad you are now home. Hopefully you'll get more strength billed up soon.  My heart acheds for your Joshua, know it's tough on the kids - is their a support group that the kids could go to, might help him. Then Micah breaking his wrist, what a Friday the 13th you all had your way.  Glad you are home, bless you all.....Arlene (AJ)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back home now. Rest and enjoy your kids. Oh and wanted to tell you your journal is easy to read. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, cancer is very cruel to those who love us, I'm still waiting on my lung biopsy report results to see where I land in all of this too! I wish you a long life and all the love your heart can handle!

    k.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta tell ya kiddo you sound just like me with dr. and hospitals, if something can go wrong or awry it will. Sorry to hear your son broke his wrist. Boys seem to have a difficult time getting through adolescence without breaking something don't they? All in all I'm so glad you came out ok. I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers on the smoke!! (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hugs*
    I have no words of wisdom... but lots of hugs...
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to read that you are home now.  sounds like it was quite a "trip".  Hope you heal quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are back home....
    Hope you get to feelin better soon!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and share your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lesson #157 ~ Daughters of the King

Life Lesson #200 ~ Jealousy

Life Lesson #480 ~ Small But Mighty