She Wants My Shoes!




Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.I had both my diagnostic mamo and ultrasound today, plus both my X-Rays.Well it was all very interesting to say the least.I had everything done at the Memorial Herman Memorial City Breast Center.It is truly a beautiful center. I have to say the folks there are very kind and efficient. Once the X-rays where done I was brought back and given a very comfortable warm robe, and then called back to where I would have my mamo.I spent some time in there and then was taken back for my ultrasound.OK here is where things get a bit off track from the yellow brick road.I was happy go lucky skipping down the lane, up until the wicked witch appeared. Now don't get me wrong, no one at the center is wicked, not by any means! Truth be told is just this darned beast of mine! She just popped up out of no where like a green poof of smoke! Suddenly she was just cackling and staring me right in the eyes!


OK ready?

Here we go....First the good news...My left breast seems fine. The lump my doctor felt is just the valve to my implant.Great news. I was feeling pretty good, Then I heard the but. It always starts with a but doesn't it?So here is where the road goes a bit crooked...
I was feeling good lying there waiting for the tech to come back.Though I was getting tired of the icky sticky ultrasound gel on my chest.I was a bit surprised to see the the radiologist come in at this point. She said hello, introduced herself and then started taking images herself. She would stop and ask the tech for a closer look. Then closer and closer again. Then she would ask for color, then no color. Finally I asked what was up. After all this isn't my first trip to OZ! She looked down at me and gently told me to wait and she would explain everything to me in a bit. She wanted to have a few more magnification pictures done on the mamo and compare my old films with the new ones.

I took a deep breath, wiped my tears away and tried clicking my heels 3 times. It didn't work. I was still there. So off I was with a bunch of crazy, flying monkeys! Looking down from where I was dangling my hope was seriously a little dashed.

But another trip to the boob squasher it was.This time I was mentally singing,"Patti Cake Patti Cake, Bakers Men, Squish Me A Boob As Fast As You Can!"

So finally all the testing was done and I was just sitting there in my robe. Thankfully my mom was there when they asked if I had anyone there with me. By chance my parents had an appointment in the same area and had decided to come by and wait for me.

After about 10 minutes the doctor/radiologist came back into the room and looked me straight in the eyes.I have been at this long enough to know when a doctor is about to derail the train you're on. So again I took a deep breath and did my best to exhale...

Here's the news:I have 2 area of concern. Both on the right breast. The one furthest away is the one I have been aware of for some time. Mostly pain, but at times I have been able to feel a lump. The other is closest to the nipple area. Both are calcification's. The thing worrying the doctor is the pattern they are following. One is jagged and the other is a perfect twin to the mass found on my left breast 3 years ago. You know the one with breast cancer stamped all across it? Oh the ways of the beast! What a tango she leads us through on the dance floor.

OK what next? Well, this is how it is going to go:I will have a stereotactic breast biopsy .This one will pinpoint the exact location of a breast mass by using a computer and x-rays taken from two different angles. Then I will have an ultrasound guided biopsy. I have chosen to have both on the same day. This way I am not going in twice nor am I having to wait any longer for results.

So now we hurry up and wait. How do I feel? Numb to be exact. Funny I thought I was a rock. Hum.. I sure sank like one though lol. All I can do now is pray and wait. I am not beaten, just bruised a bit.My hair is a mess and my clothes are a bit wrinkled. My loyal friends, bless them are still to each side of me. I have to admit though... I am shaking. The good news?I am holding these ruby slippers tight on my toes in hopes I am really getting back home by clicking them soon. Still I can see the wicked witch sneering at me. Just wait till I throw this bucket of water all over her!

Oh no she didn't!
My shoes?
Really?
Oh no you don't, silly sour green lady.
Surrender?
Never!

I am so ready to burst out in song. people!

All together now..."Ding Dong, the Wicked Witch is dead!"

Seriously, I am way too busy to die!
I just don't have room to pencil it in!

Christina

Comments

  1. Oh Christina,
    I know that's not what you were hoping, but hang in there. We know that God is in TOTAL CONTROL & HE'S STILL ON THE THRONE! I will be praying for you. Hugs to you friend! Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Christina,

    What can I say except that you are a very brave fighter and lady. Yes you have been through this before but it's still a breathtaking moment to come to terms with. I admire your guts and courage and of course you know that you and your family are always in my prayers. Praying for a good outcome and a quick 'over and done with' fight with the 'Wicked Witch. You have done it before, if that is what the outcome is going to be. Be brave and keep up the good fight.
    Much love with you always.
    Jeanie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Christina that you are going through this.

    We are all here to support you - if you neeed anything - let us know.

    In the meantime, I am continuing to keep you in my prayers.

    Hugs and lots of love,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've overcome before, i have no doubt you will do it again!!! The Wicked Witch is dead!~kbear

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a strong and heroic woman! I am proud to be one of your blog followers. You hang in there, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina,have just read your journal entry ,wish there was some words of comfort for you ,you are certainly a very brave lady .Praying for you it will turn out good ..with love and hugs
    Jeanxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and share your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lesson #157 ~ Daughters of the King

Life Lesson #200 ~ Jealousy

Life Lesson #480 ~ Small But Mighty