Approval: DENIED.


Just a peak into my most recent go around with my ever caring, always preventative, in my corner insurance company. Mondays are grand aren't they? Really just what I needed on a dark, dull rainy day.

8:00 A.M.

Breast M.R.I. :

Diagnosis Code: Check.


Criteria:

Breast Cancer: Check.

Silicone Implant: Check.

Breast Pain: Check.

Painful Lump: Check.


Under Review: Check.

Review Complete: Check.

Approval Status: DENIED. (Does not meet criteria.)


Necessary Criteria:

Breast Falling Off: Not yet. ( but soon I imagine.)

STUPID PEOPLE: Check.

Say what? Did I hear you right sir? Big Mr. Insurance man, you did not just ask for an Amen? No, I think we need to talk and by talk I mean maybe what we need is a hallelujah come to Jesus meeting kind of talk! What does B-R-E-A-S-T C-A-N-C-E-R and the word C-O-M-P-L-I-C-AT-I-O-N-S mean to you? Keep my voice down... what about getting my dander up? Click.

Alright I might have over reacted, just a bit anyway. I know I should have been more gracious like the southern woman I am. True, I should have been understanding of all the money that they have paid out on me already this year. I know, I know, but how many times are we suppose to roll over and let the big buck kings step all over us? Yes, I most certainly feel like going to fist city ( as my Granny used to say) with a few of these higher archy types! They just don't get it. What are they waiting for? Ah, that is it, isn't it? They are waiting for me to give up and die. No more claims. End Game.

(Just a while back I had to deal with a medical debt collector. Do you want to know what her response to me was after I explained that I could not pay it all off right now? Are you ready for this? Don't say I didn't warn you! Her words: Well that isn't any of my problem lady.)

So where do I go from here? I really don't know. My husbands HR is on it. It will get resolved, but the time we are wasting is villainous to be sure. In the end it will be approved and I will have my M.R.I. But if this was serious? What if this was life or death? What if there was no time to waste? Can you imagine if this is just the M.R.I. what getting approval for the surgery is going to be like?

5:30 P.M.

Final Appeal: Approved.

Christina

Comments

  1. Blessings to you and all who have to put up with insurance companies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It finished with an approval, so I am assuming that you got what you needed done. You are so strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why such barbaric, sadist treatment when they're going to approve it down the line anyway?!? What torture-mongers. Greedy bastards. Yer right, they'd prefer if you'd just please die, thank you. That lady actually said not her problem? Someone should make it a problem for these fascist insurance cathedrals to dishonor. I swear. It sux. http://cathy-daretothink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy said the mouthful I would of said and more...I hate they put you through this. I see it all the time, benefit I just went to yesterday. Don't they understand you just want your life back, you want normal back from the Beast. Your in my thoughts dear one! Always...stay courageous and don't for one minute let them get the best of you. They don't deserve the time they want to steal from you. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and share your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lesson #157 ~ Daughters of the King

Life Lesson #200 ~ Jealousy

Life Lesson #480 ~ Small But Mighty