Update


Hello Everyone!

Well, the last two weeks have been crazy. I saw a new doctor today that kinds left me with my mouth on the ground. He was very dismissive of me. He questioned everything my other doctors where doing, so I finally I just told him if he had a problem with my meds and what my 2 main doctors where doing that he needed to call them himself and not make me his middle man. Well, that put an end to that. then he told me the lumps on my head where nothing to worry about ( of course that wasn't his area of study). So I left shaking my head.

So the last 10 days I have had 3 appointments with my doctors, had 2 MRI's and a skull x-ray. As for this week I have another doctors appointment on Friday and a I have an ultrasound on Wednesday. I also have a nuclear bone scan and just today a CT was put on my plate. My numbers are all over the place so that is causing a few hiccups. Good news is that my brain MRI looked good, so at least we know that my brain is intact :) which is good, lol. I still have not heard back on my spine, hips and joints yet but I did hear back on the x-ray which is why I have being sent for an CT. It's funny how the doctors get really happy go lucky when the first test comes back good, but then how nervous they get when the next test comes back different.

So I have said all that to say this: The radiologist is concerned about the masses/lumps they see on my skull. But they cannot clearly make out what they are yet. So I am being sent for a CT to get a better look at them. I am not worried, but I am cautious. I will be sure to let everyone know how things go. I am willing to bet that I won't know anything until next week. Just keep things in prayer? Love to all.

Christina



Comments

  1. I have to admit while working in medical I always got real happy when the tests came back good, then real nervous when the other tests did not follow myself. I'm hoping you won't after worry about the latter, but I will be thinking of you. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I'm Michelle!

    Mary sent me your way - I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!

    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, came over here from Call for Support and Mary; I read your entry you wrote about the monsters under the bed; what an amazing insightful entry; congrats to your son for graduating 5th grade! both of your children seem like wonderful boys; you are raising them well despite all you are going through

    keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Christina,

    You could have done without the input from that doctor.  Stress you have more than enough of without anyone else adding to it.
    Wishing you all the best from your results and sending you loving thoughts and prayers until I hear from you again.  
    God Bless you.

    Catch lots of Hugs from me...
    Jeanie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I came here by way of Mary and I am so pleased I did. What a flippin remarkable woman you are! I will keep you In both, my thoughts and prayers. Please post as soon as you find out the results. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Love Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina....... I came over from Call for Support .

    I am so very sorry to hear about all the unnecessary stress that you are being put under from the doctors.

    Just wanted to say that you are in my thoughts and prayers

    hugs Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina from the moment Kim introduced me to your journal, I've had you in my prayers on the smoke. Your bravery and courage in the face of Cancer still continues to astound me. It's a honor to have your friendship and see the beauty of your spirit shine. I'm going to try to get a letter out to you in the mail sometime this week, It's been too long since you heard from me via snail mail. I know the stress with MRI's and Cat Scans I have had way too many within a short span, trying to figure out migraines attributed to my deafness.

    I think of you often in a day wondering how your doing and if today was being kind to you. Give the boys a hug for me. You'll hear from me soon, Promise! Love ya sweetie! (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure does help to have ones brain intact, eh?

    Hang in there -- and good for you for not allowing yourself to be treated so dismissively.

    I am glad that your doctors are "on" this, and yes, stay strong and spunky and all that works for you, to get through.  So many tests and appointments.  Wishing you the best, including that they can figure things out accurately.

    -- Robin (who came by via Mary / call for support)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christina you'll be in my prayers dear.  Take care. Glad to hear your brain is intact, that's a real start in the right direction.  Sounds like the new doctor you saw doesn't have good bed side manners, always a few of them, proud of you for speaking up. Arlene(AJ)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If anyones brains arent intact it's that doctors, he needs his examined. :) Christina hang in there and hopefully there will be a breakthrough soon that reveals why your numbers are all over the place. You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love & Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first time here, sent over by Mary.... just wanted to say that I'm praying for you.  I'll be by to visit more often.

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christina.....I was sent over by Mary.  Just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  
    Many Hugs,
    Dana
    http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and share your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lesson #157 ~ Daughters of the King

Life Lesson #200 ~ Jealousy

Life Lesson #480 ~ Small But Mighty