Life Lesson #137 ~ The Strength of a Woman




"She slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew a lion was among them." ~ R.M. Drake

I have been blessed by the presence of strong, humble and Godly woman in my life. Lions no doubt among wolves. My mother being my greatest example from the time I was little. My mom, a lioness in her faith taught me the art of trusting God even in the most dire of circumstances. From a child to this very moment I see a strength and a courage many have not always been privileged to witness inside my mama. For me, JM Storm best describes her ,"She is beautiful. But you really cannot comprehend it until you understand she is the result of the pieces that she refused to let life take from her." And the truth is that is a resounding theme in the women my Father has chosen to bless me with all my life. Through the years God has placed many wonderful, loving and amazingly strong, determined  women in my life. These woman have not only been there for me but have served as living examples of His grace.

So many times through the years I've been asked where my strength comes from. Honestly at moments I have questioned this myself. From my childhood illness, to pre-term labor, breast cancer, auto-immune diseases and so on and so on I have never been alone. God has time and time again strengthened me through the unconditional love, honesty and steadfastness of the women He's planted in my life. At any point during any difficulty or uncertainty in my life, you will find a strong woman standing beside me. Personally, for me to be a strong woman means understanding your strength is a gift. A God given gift, one forged in the heavens and given to you in the form of those true friendships and the family who will hold your tired arms up just like Moses' by Aaron and Hur in Exodus. You see the truth is, "Behind every successful woman is a tribe of other successful women who have her back." And that doesn't mean riches, big houses or titles either. No it encompasses more than that. Success isn't only measured in material things, success is found in  the friendships, unconditional love, loyalty, strength and the grace you're surrounded by in spite of your present circumstances.

The strength I carry, I don't carry alone for it is not my own. It's the blending together of the determination and love of these very women in my life...strong, beautiful fighters. When I look at these women I understand where their strength comes from, and why I am made strong simply by knowing them. For some it may take a lifetime, and for others just a mile or two but as a woman of strength we get it, "Not everyone believes in her and not everyone supports her, but her God goes with her and that's what sustains her." (Morgan Harper-Nichols) And in bringing these amazing women, each with different flaws and abilities, characteristics, personalities and strengths into my life, He makes me strong. These are the kind  of women who have a quiet and indescribable strength inside of them. They're beautiful, gracious, strong and loyal and having been refined by the fire they are warriors in their own right. These women of strength offer support and encouragement because they themselves understand, "No amount of physical beauty will ever be as valuable as a beautiful heart."

Coming from a long line of strong women I now understand God's strength, His grace and unconditional love are abundant even when we can't see the forest for the trees. He is good, even when we're screaming at the top of our lungs at Him, questioning the whys of our pain and suffering. It is in those moments He not only offers us but provides us insurmountable strength in those women who've become more than a friend, but a sister in arms. In those times our sisters, swords in hand, shields up nudge us to hold on to His promises much like Luke 1:45 does," Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her." And this is the way I have lived and continue to live my life. I struggle, my body fails and my mind at times goes mad, but in Him I am strong. In His grace I am fulfilled and in the women He's surrounded me with I am never alone in the fight. "I may be slightly broken, a little bruised and even permanently scared. But I still wake up every day with a tremendous will to fight. I am a strong woman who refuses to be defeated." (Attitude to Inspiration)

And so what I want to convey to you in Life Lesson #137 ~ the Strength of a Woman, is this: to be a woman of strength requires letting go of your ego, the pride that holds you back and embracing your path fully. You are a lion after all, not a wolf. Remember, "Heavy is the crown and she wears it as if it were a feather. There is strength in her heart, determination in her eyes and the will to survive resides within her soul. She is you, a warrior, a champion, a fighter, a queen." (R.H. Sin) But only because of those women, the warriors and queens on each side of you, holding up your arms in the thick of battle. As they say, may we know them, may we be them and may we raise strong women!

"She looked back and marveled how far she had come...She didn't wonder how she made it...She already knew the answer. Only with God's help had she powered through. for without His strength she could do nothing." ~ Godfruits

~Christina


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lesson #157 ~ Daughters of the King

Life Lesson #200 ~ Jealousy

Life Lesson #480 ~ Small But Mighty