Life Lesson # 21 ~ ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!



Ever wonder why? Just sit down, scratch your head and say out loud “why, just why”? Many times if we wait long enough or hold on for one more minute, maybe two, we can figure out what’s going on and why. Unless of course it’s going to be one of “those” kinds of days, the wait a minute vine days, the grab you by the neck, you have ring around the collar days. You know the kind of days I’m talking about, those throw your hands up in the air, palm to the face type of days? Ya, those unexpected moments when the unknown fills the room and completely suffocates you? There’s literally no explanation available. Nada, zip, negative, nope, no go amigo! So there we are, just a big huh. It’s about then it sinks in, the reality there’s suddenly an elephant in the room and it’s your job to find a way to move this 15,000 pound hot mess along. Can I tell you I’m there right now?

Life lesson #21, always expect the unexpected!

I have to be honest; I’m a little scared, somewhat afraid, just a tad nervous, an itty-bitty, teeny, tiny, wee bit, OK maybe more like closer to downright lost my mind already and just plain out, all around frightened at the moment. Think that about sums it up nicely for me! OK, OK, what I do know is life is nothing if but unexpected. A simple routine doctor’s visit can hand over a tittle and license of one brand new, unexpected, 15,000 pound elephant you didn’t see coming. Yep, yada, yada ,yada, it all becomes your monkeys and your circus in one unexpected sweep.

If I said I am holding myself together by a thread it would be beyond truthful. On my own I am falling apart, completely and utterly inside. Life isn’t supposed to hand you this many lemons at one time! Who has enough sugar to sweeten this deal I’d like to know? That’s my story at least and I’m sticking to it. Unfortunately, my story isn’t cooperating with me right now. What I can tell you is this, life is unfair, it throws curve balls every chance it gets but God is bigger than any obstacle life has to offer. God’s grace is mightier than any hurt, pain, fear and known or unknown illness imaginable. The reality is I have been hit hard with a curve ball, unexpected, out of the blue, out of nowhere to be exact, a definite left field throw if I do say so myself and sadly from a place I never expected. I’m scared, really scared. Believe me my humanness has asked why, why me, so many times in the last couple days I’m tired of hearing myself think already. My faith on the flip side, my belief in my Lord and Savior knows He is bigger; He’s greater than anything this world can roll me over with. Jesus will not fail me, no matter what new path this lemonade stand takes us down. As unimaginable as it sounds, I have peace inside. I know no matter what, despite the enemies’ plans, God’s got my back. He’s taken the wheel and He will not only guide my life, but my family’s lives as well through any and all gathering storms. 

In a week or two I will know more of what’s going on and what we are looking at. I’ll share details once we have reached either a “detour” or “merge with oncoming traffic” sign. Until then I can’t explain anything mostly because there isn’t really much to explain without more information. What I can do and most importantly is to ask of  those of you who believe in the power of prayer is begin lifting us up before Him. God is not only great; He is good all the time. I hold to this promise, now and for the rest of my life, “For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” ~ Jeremiah 29:11 NLT 

~Christina

Comments

  1. I love you. You will get through this and emerge even stronger. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and share your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lesson #157 ~ Daughters of the King

Life Lesson #200 ~ Jealousy

Life Lesson #480 ~ Small But Mighty