Update





Hello Everyone!

I am so sorry that I have been out of touch for so long. I have not had the energy to get online for a bit. I did have my knee surgery in July and that went well. I was not expecting to be in a knee brace and on crutches for 4 weeks but that is what I was told to do. As well as most of you know me, you know that didn't fly so well with me, lol. So I have put the crutches a side, since they became a pain but I have tried to follow all the other orders as best as I can. I will see the Ortho doctor again next week.

As for everything else, well I am still a pin cushion and a lab rat for my doctors! The last set of numbers to come back showed that my liver functions and my calcium were way too high. So I am being sent for another liver function test as well as a hepatitis screening. If the Hepatitis test comes back normal ( and I assume it will) then I will be sent for a CT of my liver to see what is going on there. The biggest problem I seem to face is that this thing with my liver seems to keep popping up and I just seem to keep being passed from doctor to doctor. Finally, the endo has passed me to the oncologist and really both of them are good doctors and I trust them to do what is best. So the oncologist is on it now. I guess my numbers were just too high this time to try and reason with.

As for the calcium, my endo is on that one now too. It has come back high one time too many so I am doing a 24 hour urine collection (Uck! I know) and then depending on what that has to say I will have further tests. My vitamin D is still too low as is my iron, but we are working on that. Most of this is just residual from chemo I believe. I remember reading through all those pamphlets as I was staring on those nasty critters and some of of my problems seem to match up honestly. Just more hurdles, no biggie!

As for my R.A.? Well I doing ok. My hands and fingers hurt all the time. Just typing is a project for me. It has gotten to the place where opening up doors or even mail is hard. I don't have the strength sometimes to push my hands to do my bidding. My hip is so much better though, but my hands seem to like to ride the roller coaster. So I have days, even weeks when I am great, at least I can open drawers, turn knobs and open mail, but then there are times like these when just touching a key pad is excruciating. I will pay for this later for sure. But I have to keep living life as normally as I can. I have to do it for my boys, for Johnny. I have no other choice, I am not one to lay around, ( though I have done that a little more lately than I like) and just moan.

And last but not least I will have my biopsy of the lump on the back of my skull in about a week. So I will let ya'll know as soon as I know anything. No worries.

Please know that I am thankful for all your love and support over the last 2 years. I am in awe of those that have stood by me through it all. Next month I will celebrate 2 years of remission. Definitely a step in the right direction. Once I make 3 years I will go wild, and 5 years there will be no holding me back, lol! Those are definitely key dates with TN breast cancer so be ready to party! 8-) Also I am going to try to get back to organizing the walk for this year so if anyone is interested in walking, coming out to support or donating please check out the link below.

Love to all!

Christina




Comments

  1. you go girl... keep moving on... saying prayers for you each step of the way....
    Kelly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes use a voice activated program when I need to type long, droning, medical letters for the collections I am doing, maybe a program like that would be useful for you?

    I LOVE THE PICTURE.

    I'm so glad you have good doctors you feel are doing a great job, not that the rest doesn't suck, but good care is a blessing. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 years of remission next month...now thats something to celebrate!!! =)   Keeping you in my prayers..as always

    Great pic!!

    Hugs
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina it is so good to hear from you I had been wondering about you. That's a great picture thanks for sharing. Please do keep us updated when you have the energy. Always in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love & Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and share your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lesson #157 ~ Daughters of the King

Life Lesson #200 ~ Jealousy

Life Lesson #480 ~ Small But Mighty