Update





Good Morning Everyone!

I just wanted to give ya'll an update on how things are going here. I was in ICU last month but I am doing well. It was a very unexpected event, but I did recover and I am back up and on my feet.

I am still in remission, but there are some questions regarding if the cancer has spread right now. They are slightly concerned about the paralyses on the left side of my face. It is not terribly bad, but it seems to be more noticeable to the doctors than it was before. I also have two lumps on the back of my skull that are growing, and are becoming painful. They have also stared causing me intense painful headaches. I see an neurologist on June 2, 2008. I am not overly concerned but I am aware that this could be a problem as the doctors are behaving a bit more serious than usual. Just keep this in prayer and I am sure that all will be well.

As for my R.A. , it is getting worse, but I am managing. My arthritis is a direct result of my chemo and one I wish I could have done without. But I am all about living inspite of difficulties. I battle some days to get things done and I am tired a lot, but I am not about to give into it! My back and hands are in bad shape and that keeps me from getting on the computer as often as before. It has spread into my neck, shoulders, knees, hips, hands and spine. I am on too many meds to mention with the newest being an immune suppressant. My liver is also giving me some trouble as my functions are too high. I go back in to redo the blood work this week. Once that comes back we will figure out a treatment plan. My doctor has also put me on a med to raise my blood pressure since it is hanging out a bit too low. At my last and most recent visit last week he also thought he heard a heart murmur. That does not surprise me too much though since one of the side affects of my chemo was damage to the heart etc.

In all, I am well. Please bear with me as I try to get back up and running as usual? It may take me some time, but I will do it! I love all of you and I am so thankful for the support and love that I have received from all of my dear family and friends.

Love to all,
Christina

Comments

  1. ((Hugs)) Christina, I'm so sorry to hear you've been so sick. I've had you in my prayers on the smoke since Mary forwarded the email from your husband to me. Stay strong and keep fighting my dearest friend. I'm with you in thoughts and prayers. The boys are growing like weeds. Loved this picture of them. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina you are in my thoughts and prayers dear.  With your concerns you mentioned for you healthwise....have you heard of Radio Frequency Ablation, used in treating so many different heath problems...discuss this with your doctor, it's not a treatment for every person, but is good to be aware of this possible help treatment.  Can also check the internet - medical - RFA, quite a few sites. My Cousin Bruce has had RFA for his cancer problems and has helped him so much.  Bless you. Arlene (AJ)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you get to feeling better soon...
    you are an amazing person..
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as always...

    Hugs
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina I am so sorry I am running so far behind on reading your journal. I so admire your courage and strength at each challenge you are faced with. Keep on fighting and I'll keeping on praying. Many hugs and love to you!
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and share your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lesson #157 ~ Daughters of the King

Life Lesson #200 ~ Jealousy

Life Lesson #480 ~ Small But Mighty