Still Fighting



Still A Fighter


In the last few weeks I realize that it seems as if I have fallen down into a pit of my own undoing. Yes, it is true I have sunk into the bottom depths of my soul. I also realize that I am a self declared WARRIOR, and warriors don't falter right? Well, this one has suffered from a few blows that have left my head spinning. My response? Well, even the strongest of warriors need a place to rest, to find comfort, to regain their strength and their footing. I will find my way back onto the battle field soon. I have not lost my hope, nor have I tossed my shield or my sword. I am still in this fight and I will step back onto the battlefield again soon.

Relationships seem to be the hardest hit and the last to finally feel the deep pains of cancer's grip. The loss of a breast, and the loss of time that breast cancer rips from you can be overwhelming. Still as hard as change is, change can be good, almost reassuring in a way. Change can bring you eye to eye, strengthen and reaffirm your deepest of relationships once time slows down long enough for you to rediscover your life together.

As for myself right now, my body is tired, and my heart is weak. Loved ones my soul is merely bruised, and my spirit is still intact. I am just resting, finding my place again. Like a caterpillar, I am inside a cocoon, and in time I will reemerge as a butterfly with strong beautiful wings.

We all have go through these kinds of changes, heart breaks, soul inspiring and spirit reckoning days, weeks and months ... the difference is how you emerge. I may have fallen, suffered a set back, but I will not stay down. I will get up, I will spread my wings and I will fly. So, yes, my spirit may be weak and my heart may be mending, but I am still a fighter and I always will!

Christina

Comments

  1. My spirit too is weak and my heart is mending since the loss of my brother on New Years Eve Christina but I know that with Gods love I will heal and emerge full of wonderful memories of him to carry on to the next way-station.
    We are given this precious and unique life and it is worth every inch of fight left in us until the end.
    God Bless you and your family.
    Love
    Jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always been a fighter in my eyes hon. I know your still going through a lot. Stay safe and loved dear heart. I AM HERE for you always. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina all your j-land readers know you are a fighter....you are allowed a little break to get yourself rested, through whatever you are dealing with right now and soon you'll be that butterfly with the strong and beautiful wings. Life sure deals all of us many changes, you just have to keep the spirit and the fight going and you'll come out a winner. You just take care of yourself dear.  Arlene (AJ)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and share your thoughts.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Lesson #157 ~ Daughters of the King

Life Lesson #200 ~ Jealousy

Life Lesson #480 ~ Small But Mighty